Congratulations on your purchase of KUPA's MANI-Pro Passport™. The Passport™ features a lightweight battery power control box that can provide up to 8-10 hours of use per charge in either 110v or 220v. The control box has an illuminated power indicator, variable speed dial, forward and reverse button, and is available in red and white. The PassportTM comes complete with a built in handpiece cradle and belt clip.
Passport™ Portable Control Box
Passport™ Charging System
Rubber Handpiece Cradle
Ultra Smooth / Quiet / Vibration Free
Locking chuck Easy bit change
Use standard 3/32" bits
Compact light weight
8-10 Hours of Battery Life
Variable speed control
High torque / 30,000 RPM
Quick charge system - full charge in 2 hours
Automatic switching 110/220 volts
One year limited warranty
Using the MANI-Pro Passport™
- Prior to use, make sure the battery is charged by plugging the MANI-Pro Passport™ to it's power supply.
- Once charged, plug the handpiece into the 3-prong output jack located at the top of the machine.
- Twist open the chuck and install a standard 3/32" bit into the collet, then twist to close. (see how to install/take out a bit section)
- Turn "ON" the machine by rotating the variable speed dial clockwise.
IMPORTANT! DO NOT operate the electric file without a bit or blank in the handpiece
- Select the speed by turning the variable knob, clockwise to increase speed, counter clockwise to reduce speed.
- Hold the handpiece as indicated in the photo for proper control (see pg. 5-The Proper Way to Hold a Handpiece) Note: Proper support of the machine and the nail to be filed is import- ant for safety and control.
- IMPORTANT! Always turn off the Mani-pro Passport™ when not in use.
- CAUTION! Avoid danger, unplug charger once it is fully charged (the red light turns green).
THE PROPER WAY TO HOLD A HANDPIECE
For complete control during e-filing, position your index finger on the rubber grip area just above the nose of the handpiece. Hold the handpiece like you would hold a pen or a marker. Be sure to place your forearms on the table and balance your hands by using the fulcrum finger, which takes the pressure off the bit and gives you more control.
IMPORTANT! DO NOT operate the electric file without a bit or blank in the handpiece.
HOW TO INSTALL & TAKE OUT A BIT
For MANI-Pro™ handpiece How to install a bit
How to take out a bit
- Make sure the switch is on the "OFF" position before inserting any bit.
- Clean, disinfect and completely DRY all bits before inserting into the handpiece.
- Place a standard 3/32" bit into the opening and push down firmly until it stops.
- You may now press the "ON" switch to start the electric file.
- Make sure to turn "OFF" the electric file.
- Hold the bit securely and with one straight motion pull off it away from the handpiece opening.
Read all safety instructions before using the The MANI-Pro, Mani-Pro Passport.
WARNING! Reduce the risk of electric shock, fire or injury.
- Do not use electric file if the switch does not turn it "ON" or "OFF"
- When idle, store electric file out of reach of children and other untrained persons
- Before each use, check electric file for misalignment, broken parts and bindings or any other condition that may affect the e-file. If damaged, have the electric file serviced by a qualified KUPA technician
- Turn off an unattended running electric file
- The MANI-Pro and MANI-Pro Passport comes with a power adapter that has the capability to use either 110v or 220v
- Avoid storing or placing an electric file where it can fall in a tub, sink or toilet
- Do not reach for an electric file that has fallen into water. Unplug immediately
- Do not use an electric file if the cord or plug is damaged
- Do not operate the electric file if it is not in proper working condition
- Do not operate the electric file if it is submerged in water or any other liquid
- Avoid excessive bending or pulling of the cord. Keep all cords away from heated surfaces